Confession: I have been a women’s health nerd practically my whole life.
Menstrual cycles, cervical fluid, and ovulation – be still, my heart! (Just me?)
Ask any of my friends. I could talk about periods, pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding all the livelong day.
Needless to say, when I was able to witness the magical power of birth firsthand, I was truly amazed.
Even now, six years and 35 births later, I find it hard to put into words the humility, wonder, and awe that I feel each time a baby is born. Oh, and the love.
That delicious, oxytocin-fueled love that fills the room every. single. time.
I knew instantly that my fascination with women’s health and my passion for helping people was not just coincidence.
Why I Do What I Do
Let’s face it: birth can be scary.
As a doula and mother, I know that how you feel on your baby’s birth day will leave a deep impression on you that will last the rest of your life.
The recent data shows that hiring a doula is proven to increase your chances that you will be satisfied with your birth experience.
Taking care of a newborn is a lot of work.
You want to bond with your beautiful baby, but there’s a lot that can get in the way. Figuring out the feedings on top of healing from your birth, is a lot to deal with, especially when you’re sleep-deprived. Not to mention, juggling your household chores, entertaining visitors, and thinking about going back to work.
I want to make it easier for you and your family.
My joy and mission in life is to dispel the fear and negativity surrounding childbirth so that you and your family can truly thrive during this precious time.
Give yourself the gift of peace of mind, knowing that you’ve done all you can do to ensure your family gets off to the best start in life.
Training and Experience
Serving expectant families in central Florida since 2011.
Perinatal Education and Training
- Childbirth and Professional Postpartum Association (CAPPA)
- Labor Doula Training Workshop
- Childbirth Educator Training Workshop
- Commonsense Childbirth School of Midwifery
- Childbirth Education Training Course
- Community Outreach Perinatal Educator Program (COPE)
- Lactation Education Training Course
- The Truth about VBAC for Professionals Workshop
- WINC Infant Massage Workshop
- Kimberly Home Pregnancy Resource Center, Clearwater, FL
- Good Start = Good Life Personal Pregnancy Companion
- The Birth Place and Easy Access Women’s Health Clinic, Orlando, FL
- Birth assistant
- Administrative assistant
- Healthy Start liason
- Spanish translator and patient advocate
- Receptionist/Front Office Coordinator
- Childbirth Concierge at The Birth Place, Orlando, FL
- Childbirth educator and administrative assistant
- For the Love of Birth, Tampa, FL
- Labor doula and childbirth educator for families in the Tampa Bay area
- Birth Behind Bars, Tampa, FL
- Parenting and childbirth educator for inmates in the Pasco County jail system
More About Your St. Pete Doula
A few simple pleasures I enjoy:
- Getting overly competitive about board games
- Singing on the worship team at City Church
- Sampling the seasonal beers at Green Bench Brewing Co.
- Taking my pitbull pup, Gracie, to Lassing Park
- Rooting on my favorite sports teams: Tampa Bay Rays, Orlando City Soccer Club, and, during World Cup season, the Colombian national team
- Exploring St. Pete with my favorite boys: my husband, Bob, and our son, Matthew.